- 3rd MCM Scholarship Program for the Year 2017-18
- Reforming Indian School Education – Some Ideas
- Girls Across Karnataka to Get Free Education from Class 1 to Graduation!
- Higher Education Institutes Including IITs Set to Launch Courses On 'India's Glorious Past'
- India Gains World’s First ‘Tribal’ University
What is GATE?
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an All-India examination administered and conducted in eight zones across the country by the GATE Committee comprising of Faculty members from IISc, Bangalore and other seven IIT’s on behalf of the National Coordinating Board, Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development. The GATE score/rank is used for admissions to Post Graduate Programmes (ME, M.Tech, MS, Direct Ph.D.) in institutes like IITs and IISc etc with financial assistance offered by MHRD. PSUs too use the GATE scores for recruiting candidates for various prestigious jobs with attractive remuneration.
In GATE examination, candidates can apply for only one of the 23 papers listed in the table given below. Candidates are expected to appear in a paper appropriate to the discipline of their qualifying degree. However, candidates are free to choose any paper according to their admission plan, keeping in mind the eligibility criteria of the institutions in which they wish to seek admission. For more details regarding the admission criteria in any particular institute, candidates are advised to refer to the websites of that particular institute.
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|Agricultural Engineering||AG||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Architecture and Planning||AR||Life Sciences||XL|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Mining Engineering||MN|
|Computer Science & Information Technology||CS||Metallurgical Engineering||MT|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Textile Engineering & Fibre Science||TF|
|Engineering Sciences||XE||Ecology and Evolution||EY|
Why GATE 2018?
GATE is considered to be the standard examination conducted not only for post graduation admissions but also to open the gates for lucrative opportunities in several public sector enterprises and research organizations. Based on the score achieved in GATE, admissions are offered in IITs, IISc, and NITs, and abundant opportunities for campus placements with salary packages ranging from Rs. 6 lakh to 30 lakh. Candidates on qualifying GATE, get a financial aid of 8000/- pm in the form of UGC scholarship.
Students interested in management can swing in the management line by pursuing a PG Diploma of 2 years in Industrial Engineering. Some institutes in India also offer admissions in the post Graduate programmes on the basis of GATE score.
GATE exam is important because of below mentioned factors:
- M.Tech – Campus placements in National and International private or public companies
- Several reputed PSUs and research organizations recruits on basis of GATE Score. i.e. IOCL, NTPC, BHEL, PGCIL, BARC etc.
- Teaching: Professor, Asst. Professor at IITs, NITs, reputed educational institutes etc.
- Junior Research Fellow: ISRO, DRDO, BARC, CSIR, IITs etc.
- Senior Research Fellow: ISRO, DRDO, BARC, CSIR, IITs etc.
- Junior Research Associates/ Senior Project Associates
- Scientists “C” grade jobs
- Career in Research & Development
- Technical value addition
- Expertise in subject/domain specialization