- Initiatives for Digitalization of Education
- Jobs for Techies! Japan to Recruit 2 Lakh Indian IT Professionals after US makes Visa Difficult
- Canada-India Partnership on Female Start-Ups
- The Richest Literary Honor of India, JCB Prize for Literature Opens
- Women’s Day Gift From Niti Ayog : Women Entrepreneurship Platform
Physics is one of the most important subjects from the entrance exam point of view as well as in the class 12 syllabus. There are several institutes which demand students to secure a minimum of 60% marks in Physics for admission into their UG programs in medicine, engineering or other science disciplines. Physics is a complicated subject as well as an important one requires special attention and focus. Its speciality is that it is a less memorization-based subject among many other technical subjects. It needs critical thinking to link concepts into a unified vision. When you first start learning topics in Physics like Newton’s Laws of motion or Ohm’s Law, it might seem as a very difficult topic but once the concepts are understood clearly, you will enjoy studying the subject. So, in order to secure really good marks in physics, you will need some effective study strategies.
Here are 5 tips that will help you to score high marks in your physics exam:
1. Brush up the Definitions and Laws: You should memorize all the definitions and important physics laws such as Ohm’s Law, Faraday’s Law, Lenz Law, Electromagnetism, Laws of Gravitation, Laws of Quantum Mechanics and much more.
2. Practice the Numerical: You should solve as many numericals as you can because this will not only help you to increase your accuracy of solving numerical but also will help you in remembering the units and formulas in a much easier way.
3. Revise the Important Topics: Never miss out the important topics. It is advised to revise the important topics before the exam as doing this will increase the possibility of securing good marks. Most of the time you will notice the repetition of important topics in the exam. Here is the list of important topics in physics that one must cover:
- Electronic Devices
- Dual nature of matter
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Communication Systems
4. Solve Last 10-years Question Paper: Solving more and more questions gives an insight of the type of questions that are asked in the exam. You must solve the last 10-years question papers to understand the question pattern, marking strategy and the level of questions. Sometimes you might find the same questions in your exam from these previous year’s question papers. Hence, it is a good idea to revise all the questions from the past year’s question papers. This way, you can master the difficult topics like Thermodynamics, refraction of light, Electroplating and much more.
5. Underline key points while studying from textbooks: While studying from textbooks, underline the important key points so that it will help you in your preparation for the exam. For better representation of answers, highlight those key points in your answer sheet as well. Underlining key points while studying will not only save your time to prepare more in limited time but also will help you to score well.
Subscribe to Byju’s YouTube video channel to learn with engaging video lectures – www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZj79r2unC8&t=151s
For more information, click here.