- Demand for PhDs from US, Europe is Increasing Amid Changing Hiring Trends
- Khan Academy to Create Educational Videos in Indian Languages
- Making Overseas Education Affordable
- Hackathons Making Education more Accessible for Girls in India
- MIT School of Distance Education Launches its Flagship Post Graduate Diploma Course
On January 17, Tata Steel announced a scholarship programme titled ‘Women-Of-Mettle‘, a pioneering initiative to encourage gender diversity in the manufacturing industry.
The programme aimed to identify, groom and encourage female engineering talent for a sector that historically has had imbalanced gender representation, a Tata Steel press release said.
Female students in their second year of engineering from select 45+ engineering institutes across India are invited to be a part of this programme.
The interested applicants, post initial stage of profile screening, will undergo a rigorous selection process, which entails working on a technical challenge and the top 30 female students will present their proposed solution to a jury of experts and professionals.
Post evaluation, top 10 winners will be eligible for the scholarship amounting Rs 1 Lakh each, which will be given in the third and fourth year of the course.
The winners also get the opportunity to do a paid internship (3rd year), receive mentorship from the senior leadership of the organisation, sponsorship to participate in technical conferences and a pre-placement job offer.
Source: Business Standard