Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the new age mantra of this cutting-edge technological world. Hence having a basic idea of AI has become of paramount importance. For this, you don’t need to partake in a full flung university course. You can learn the basics of Artificial Intelligence through these free online courses.
- The material is slowly being added but it already contains a Machine Learning with TensorFlow (Google’s machine learning library) crash course.
- The course covers the ground from a basic introduction to machine learning to getting started with TensorFlow, to designing and training neural nets.
- It is designed for those who don’t have any prior knowledge of machine learning and can jump in right from the start.
- Those with some experience can pick or choose modules which interest them, while machine learning experts can use it as an introduction to TensorFlow.
Google – Machine Learning
- It’s an in-depth course from Google offered through Udacity.
- It focuses on deep learning, and the design of self-teaching systems that can learn from large, complex datasets.
- The course is aimed at those looking to put machine learning, neural network technology to work as data analysts, data scientists or machine learning engineers as well as enterprising individuals wanting to make use of the plethora of open source libraries and materials available.
Machine Learning with Standford University
- This course is offered through Coursera and is taught by Andrew Ng, the founder of Google’s deep learning research unit, Google Brain, and head of AI for Baidu.
- The entire course can be studied for free, although there is also the option of paying for certification which could certainly be useful if you plan to use your understanding of AI to increase your career prospects.
- The course covers the spectrum of real-world machine learning implementations from speech recognition and enhancing web search while going into technical depth with statistics topics such as linear regression, the backpropagation methods through which neural networks “learn”, and a Matlab tutorial – one of the most widely used programming languages for probability-based AI tools.
Columbia University – Machine Learning
- A free online AI course that teaches you to solve real-world problems, using probabilistic and non-probabilistic methods.
- There is a provision of pay for the certification course. This course is also available in its entirety for free online, with an option to pay for certification should you need it.
- The course of 8-10 hours per week duration and gets over in 12 weeks.
- It is offered through the non-profit edX online course provider, where it forms part of the Artificial Intelligence nanodegree.
Nvidia – Fundamentals of Deep Learning for Computer Vision
- This is an AI course that deals with building computers which have an AI vision.
- So, it is a course for learning the computer-based processing of visual information.
- It covers areas pertaining to the application of machines which are capable of object recognition and image classification.
- Nvidia unsurprisingly covers the crucial part these high-powered graphical engines, previously primarily aimed at displaying leading-edge images, has played in the widespread emergence of computer vision applications.
- The final assessment covers building and deploying a neural net application, and while the entire course can be studied at your own pace, you should expect to spend around 8 hours on the material.
MIT – Deep Learning for Self Driving Cars
- This course is to understand how AI drive the self -driving cars.
- Here you will learn how AI makes sense of all of the data hitting the vehicle’s array of sensors and safely navigate the roads.
- This involves teaching machines to interpret data from those sensors just as our own brains interpret signals from our eyes, ears and touch.
- It covers the use of the MIT DeepTraffic simulator, which challenges students to teach a simulated car to drive as fast as possible along a busy road without colliding with other road users.
- This course was first taught at the bricks ‘n’ mortar university last year, and all of the materials including lecture videos and exercises are available online – however, you won’t get certification.