Good news for biological science students, now you can do an internship in the chief regulatory authority of food in India, FSSAI.
What is it?
The FSSAI has announced an October Internship Scheme 2018-19 for life science, food technology microbiology students.
Internship starting in the month of October 2018 under Internship Scheme 2018-19 in Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
How will it help you?
Food Safety & Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is an independent statutory body established under the Food Safety & Standards Act, 2006 under the aegis of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. It is the apex body responsible for ensuring food safety and compliance with food standards throughout the nation. FSSAI invites application for the month of October 2018 for its Internship Scheme 2018-19, which will supply Interns with different learning opportunities via a well-designed training calendar.
Students pursuing a full-time postgraduate degree/ diploma or higher level in the Recognized Institute in India/ overseas, in any of the following:
- Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Food Technology, Microbiology, Veterinary Sciences, Agricultural Sciences or some other related field
- Business Administration & Management including Policy Regulation & related disciplines
- Media & Communications
Note – Students in 3rd / 4thyear of the 4-year Bachelor’s program in Food Technology or related disciplines also can apply.
The internship will be accessible throughout the year at unique Points of time. Internships offered will be for the length of 8 weeks, which might be extended to a maximum period of 6 months for reasons to be recorded in writing.
Place of Internship:
- FDA Bhawan, Kot la Road New Delhi- 110002. (HQ)
- FSSAI (NR), First Floor, NBCC Place, Bhisham Pitamah Marg, Pragati Vihar, New Delhi-110003.
- FSSAI, Hall Mark company plaza, Sant Dyaneshwar Marg Oppst. Gurunanak Hospital road, Bandra (East), Mumbai- 400051.
- FSSAI, Central Documentation Complex, (South Wing), Che1mai Port Trust, Rajaji Salai, Chennai 600001
- FSSAI, Benfish Tower, 6th floor,31 G N Block, SSectorV, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 91.
Interns would be asked to get their own laptops. FSSAI shall supply their functioning area, net facility and other essentials but Shall not ensure local accommodation and travel facilities. At the close of the internship, depending on the performance of an Intern, a token reward of Rs. 10,000 might be supplied on fulfilling benchmarks of attendance and performance. FSSAI won’t bear the costs of any Boarding & Lodging.
1. Interested and qualified students may apply online in the designated format according to the timelines provided by FSSAI.
2. The shortlisted candidates may be required to submit a brief write up/presentation for final selection.
3. The final list of chosen candidates alongside their date of joining and Internship tenure would be announced online on FSSAl site.
In the time of joining, Intern will be asked to carry a letter from their own Institute indicating his/her status .in the institution as a student and “No Objection” for allowing him or her to undergo Internship Program for the time for which he/she’s chosen, is relevant. A character certificate from the jurisdiction of the Institute, together with evidence of educational qualifications as stated in the application form would also have to be submitted at the time of joining for an internship.
Areas/Domains Available for Internship:
The area mentioned in the application will be indicative of the preference rather than a confirmation of protect allocation at the particular department.
HQ New Delhi:
- Regulatory Compliance
- Quality Assurance
- Risk Assessment & R&D
- SNF Projects
- Food Fortification
Regional Offices (Mumbai, Chennai & Kolkata):
Hands-on training in Food Imports Clearance and Licensing and Registration of Food Business Only.
Interns will be attached to one of the many Divisions at FSSAI based on the technical and academic training and assigned project(s) associated to different aspects of Food and Nutrition Management Processes. Some attributes of the Program:
- Orientation Program to easeon-boarding
- Structured session for planning project outcomes and action plan with timelines
- Seminars/presentations to provided required exposure
- Allocated ·’Buddy” to professionally encourage and empower mentoring Sessions to improve learning and provide direction
- Smaller Projects to Give cross-divisional exposure
- Routine review and supervision of conduct, adherence to functioning standards and project advancement
They will be given a certificate from FSSAI only once the final report/presentation is completed successfully, submitted and reviewed.
View Notification Below