Zuckerberg Renewed for Its controversial Free Basics Internet service
On Monday Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg made renewed pitch for its controversial Free Basics Internet service which makes another marketing blitz.
Zuckerberg appeared on a video to personally promote Free Basics and also wrote a personal appeal in one of the leading newspapers.
Free Basics Plan for Customers access services like:
- Education, healthcare and employment listings through apps specially designed for this platform on their phones without a data plan
Not allow access to many services like:
- YouTube, Gmail, Google or Twitter
- Access a small number of Web services without charge
- Criticised by some for alleged violation of the principle of net neutrality
- All Internet traffic should be treated equally.
Source: The Hindu