DSP Labs IIT Madras Objectives
You are invited by IIT Madras to explore their DSP Labs built at their premises. This is an initiative of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India, under the National Mission on Education through ICT, primarily targeting Higher Education A broad objective of the virtual labs is to devise a program that will use both synchronous and asynchronous learning mechanisms to augment current pedagogical practices with external scholastic inputs.
Objectives of the DSP Labs:
- To provide remote-access to Labs in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. These virtual labs would cater to students at the undergraduate level.
- To motivate students to conduct experiments by kindling their curiosity. This would help them in learning basic and advanced concepts through remote experimentation.
- To provide a complete Learning Management System around the Virtual Labs where the students can avail the various tools for learning, including additional web-resources, video-lectures, animated demonstrations and self evaluation.
- To share costly equipment and resources, which are otherwise available to limited number of users due to constraints on time and geographical distances.
Guide Line to students:
- Each lab consists of
- Background Material comprising text and related video lecture.
- Experiment Objective
- Procedure (with video explanation)
- Student can download the Background Material, Experiment Objective, Procedure and References of the lab to educate offline and to be well prepared to execute the experiment in the scheduled time slot.
- Students will have to read the downloaded material well and come prepared with doubts if any, so that it can be addressed by the local faculty / Online –Tutor(on the scheduled date & time)
- On the scheduled Lab slot the student will first take up a Quiz(assessment- objective type), which will be system evaluated.
- The feedback of assessment will be given by the Local faculty to the students.
- The worksheet will be administered with Video chat guidance by Tutor, on the scheduled date & time.
- Every lab module has to be completed on the assigned scheduled slot.
Prerequisites to do the lab:
Understanding of Microprocessor concepts and instructions
Basic idea of assembly language programming
Basic concepts of signals and systems like
- linearity of systems and convolution,
- PCM(Pulse code modulation),
- DFT(Discrete fourier transform) and IDFT
C Programming like
• File handling in C language
• Working knowledge of arrays, functions and pointers.
• Concepts like pass by value , pass by reference ,passing arrays to functions, pointers to functions etc.,
Requirements for system to run DSP Labs
Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit only).
Windows Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate SP2 (32-bit only).
Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate (32 and 64-bit).
Minimum of 2 GHz single core processor, 3.3 GHz dual core is recommended.
Minimum of 1 GB memory (RAM), 4 GB is recommended.
Minimum of 2 GB hard disk (HDD) space is required.
CrossCore Embedded Studio. It is recommended to install the software in a nonUAC-protected location.
512 KB/s minimum, 1MB/s recommended
Disclaimer: This video is intended for informational purpose only. This may not be construed as a news item or advice of any sort. Please consult the experts in that field for the authenticity of the presentations.
Reference : VLabs