- 3rd MCM Scholarship Program for the Year 2017-18
- Reforming Indian School Education – Some Ideas
- Girls Across Karnataka to Get Free Education from Class 1 to Graduation!
- Higher Education Institutes Including IITs Set to Launch Courses On 'India's Glorious Past'
- India Gains World’s First ‘Tribal’ University
Statins are used to lower cholesterol but how much can be achieved with changes to diet alone, asks Michael Mosley.
Over the many years that I’ve been making science documentaries I’ve covered a huge range of subjects, but there is one that is of particular personal interest. My family tree is riddled with heart disease and I know that, unchecked, my cholesterol scores tend to soar.
I am not alone – 60% of people in Britain have cholesterol levels that are too high and increasingly we are recommended to go on statins. Yet statins have side effects and many people are reluctant to go on a lifetime of pills.